Get real with PopNothingIdiot

Check out the Idiot Showdown here.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

TRON!

New Tron is coming, and I am totally stoked. I went back and watched the original a couple of times and, not only did I enjoy it, but I think it still holds up. If you strip back the superficial details, I think a lot of the ideas and themes about technology are still relevant.  During some parts in the film I had that weird William Gibson feeling, like, "when was this made?!" Not quite as mind bending as old Gibby, but trippy nonetheless. I got a bit of a chill listening to programs talk about "users" while reading TorrentFreak.

BeeTeeDubs, Jeff Bridges is the fucking man. I am totally willing to watch the Cohen brothers log-jam another film just to go gay for Mr. Bridges - True Grit FTW.

In order to get fully psyched up for the midnight showing I've been listening to Daft Punk's Tron Legacy OST on repeat. It's shithouse mad. Whoever had the idea of giving Daft Punk a 32 piece orchestra needs to be fellated  for hours on end by an assortment of the finest acrobat hookers Hong Kong has to offer. Bravo sir. Prepare your brain cavity, because this shit will blow your mind.

I've also considered that I may be hyping myself up too much for this, as Hollywood has a tendency of taking my hopes, dreams, and childhood fantasies and raping them Kobe style. But, I am going to allow myself a rare moment of optimism. If it sucks I'll contemplate suicide. No big deal.

Trooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!

 "Hi, I'm Microsoft. Welcome to The Grid."

No comments:

Post a Comment