Get real with PopNothingIdiot

Check out the Idiot Showdown here.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fashion!

I'm going to be honest and say that I always thought fashion was absolutely ridiculous. Looking at those batshit crazy designs, all I can think of is who would ever wear that? Why don't they just wear jeans and a hoody? So much of that stuff couldn't possibly be intended for real humans, but now I realize that that's the fun of it. It's like designing a fantasy land. Right now, some fashion designer is creating a new collection and asking him/herself, "what if Smurfette was tripping balls on K and accidentally found Flynn's digitizing "Tron" lazer and pointed it at the sun? Instead of basting ourselves in glorious, warm sun rays, we would be pelted with pixelated heads that look like Jeff Bridges. What would that world be like?" I have no doubt it would be pretty crazy. Looking around at some collections was like being transported to an entirely foreign world - sometimes weird and creepy, sometimes beautiful. I started to see it as quite creative and imaginative stuff once I made it over the hurdle of judging everything practicality.

Thanks to The Jamster for helping me broaden my horizons and helping me with this sketch. Hopefully, this will make up for all the times I openly scorned, without any shame or remorse, anyone who had anything to do with fashion. This is my heavy handed attempt at doing something "fashion-y." This is an interplanetary ambassador in the year 2245 (sorry Mayans, your attempts to destroy the earth will fail).

No comments:

Post a Comment