Get real with PopNothingIdiot

Check out the Idiot Showdown here.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rice Krispies Treats of Death

It's on a box in every store in every part of the world where food is sold or bartered for. It has only 3 ingredients: marshmallow, butter, and Rice Krispies. It is a simple three step process, heat marshmallows and butter, add Rice Krispies, and pour into serving pan. Combined, this simple recipe has, by my calculations, turned out over 1 billion metric pounds of light and fluffy treats. A dominating force within the "treat" sub-category of deserts. It is a recipe that has been unchanged since the early 14th century and has since brought immeasurable joy to innumerable humans. Rice Krispies Treats are an unshakable pillar of our lives, our society, our world.  So much has come to depend on a treat that is so moist and squishy.

Somehow. Some way. I found the flaw in the recipe. An ill-conceived exhaust vent begging for my X-Wing's torpedo . . . and a direct hit. I'm not really sure how, but I managed to fuck up Rice Krispies Treats. I followed the recipe to the letter (or number, in case of measurements), yet the brown, hard, foul tasting treats before me are not those which have defined the dessert habits for an entire species. Though it is certainly not in the recipe, the faint yet lingering taste of burnt hair runs through these foul creations.

Whatever this flaw in the grand recipe, my team and I will work hard to find it and correct it. With The Force as my witness, I will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment